Employee Health Screening
Before you begin work at DHMC, you must be cleared by Occupational and Environmental Medicine. It is important to call (603) 653-3850 to schedule an employee health screening as soon as you receive your hiring letter.
In some cases, getting cleared to begin work can take several days, so be sure to allow plenty of time before your start date for your employee health screening. You will be unable to start work until you have been cleared.
What to bring to your employee health screening
- Copies of all of your immunization records. You can obtain them from your Health care provider’s office, High School or College health services. This includes the seasonal Influenza vaccine.
- Your completed pre-placement health screening questionnaire. The questionnaire should have been provided to you from an Occupational Medicine staff member at the time of offer for your position from Human Resources. If you did not receive the questionnaire please call Occupational Medicine at 603-653-3850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Results from any previous tuberculosis skin tests or blood tests (IGRA’s) you may have had. If you have tested positive for tuberculosis before being hired by DH, you must bring documents that show mm of induration, documentation of your most recent chest X-ray, and what treatment was offered and accepted.
Why do all new employees need a health screening?
- To evaluate the applicant's ability to perform their job duties without jeopardizing the safety of themselves, coworkers, or others.
- To provide baseline information on current illnesses or injuries which may require worksite modification.
- To give you information on physical safety and health promotion at D-H, along with any health-related information specific to your new duties.
The screening includes:
- A review of your occupational and general health history
- An update of any needed immunizations and titers, and tuberculosis skin testing (not performed if employee had a previous position reaction)
- A discussion of the services provided by Occupational and Environmental Medicine