Starting Work at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC)
Congratulations on your new position at DHMC! Because we want to ensure that you have the tools you need to be successful in your new job, all physicians and staff begin employment by attending our General Orientation program, held bi-weekly at DHMC.
New Employee Checklist: Your action required!
If you have questions concerning any of these items, please contact your recruiter or the recruitment office: 603-653-0400.
To Do Prior to Attending General Orientation:
Before attending General Orientation, all DHMC personnel must complete the following:
- Occupational Medicine. You must be cleared by Occupational Medicine prior to attending orientation. To meet regulatory requirements you must complete your drug testing with Occupational Medicine within 30 days from acceptance of your offer or prior to your start date, whichever is sooner. You will be contacted by Occupational Medicine to schedule your appointment. If you should need to reach Occupational Medicine their phone number is (603) 653-3850. Employee Health Screening
- Hiring manager check-in. Please touch base with your new supervisor/manager to discuss when and where to report after General Orientation. If you do not have your supervisor's contact information, please call the Recruitment office at (603) 653-0400. Please also speak with your manager to discuss any applicable training you may be required to complete (eDH, Patient Safety Training, NET Training, etc.)
- New hire paperwork. Before attending orientation, you must complete your new hire paperwork online. You will use the same username and password that you did when completing your online application. Internet Explorer works best when completing this paperwork.
- Nursing hires: All RN’s, LPN’s and LNA’s MUST have an active State of New Hampshire nursing or nursing assistant license (or current Compact State licensure) as well as a current BLS card to attend General Orientation and begin work at Dartmouth-Hitchcock. Please bring your BLS card to General Orientation, this is required to begin work. If you do not have a current BLS card please contact recruitment.
- I-9 Form: You are required to complete your I-9 form at the Recruitment office prior to attending General Orientation. Office hours are 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, no appointment is necessary. For the I-9 form, please bring your documents to establish both identity and employment authorization to comply with the Immigration Reform Act (refer to the enclosed List of Acceptable Documents). The Recruitment office is located at 30 Lafayette Street, Lebanon, NH 03766 (also known as the Novell Building in Centerra Park, across Route 120 from the Medical Center). A shuttle to the Novell Building leaves the Medical Center from the East entrance, or parking is also available at Novell. Please enter the front entrance and check in with reception on the first floor.
On your first day of General Orientation:
- Parking: Please park in Lot 9 (PDF) and take the shuttle to the medical center. The Lot 9 shuttle makes two stops, you will want to get off at the Cancer Center Entrance (2nd stop). NOTE: Please add an additional 15 minutes to your commute for parking/shuttle time.
- Location: General Orientation is held in the auditoriums near the Main Rotunda Information Desk. There will be signs placed at the Main Rotunda directing you that morning. The auditoriums are located to the right of the Main Rotunda as you approach from the main entrance, or to the left of the Main Rotunda as you approach from the Cancer Center Entrance. General Orientation is typically in either Auditorium C & D or E. Map of DHMC Level 3 (PDF). General Orientation begins at 7:30 AM and ends at 2:30 PM for non-clinical staff and 4:30 PM for clinical staff.
- Dining: We will provide light morning refreshments when you arrive. Lunch break is at 11:45 AM, lunch will be provided. If you have a special dietary request or food allergy; please plan to bring your own lunch or visit the hospital cafeteria located on Level 2.
- Benefits orientation:
- You will receive a packet the morning of your orientation, which will tell you when and where to report to your benefits orientation. This typically occurs on the Wednesday of your first week of employment.
- Physicians and associate providers will have benefits orientation on the second day of employment.
Position-specific orientation schedules
- Staff and Volunteers
- Experienced Nurse Orientation for RNs and LPNs
- Experienced LNA Orientation
- New Employee Training for secretarial/administrative staff
- Physician orientation
- Associate provider orientation
- Diverse Workforce Statement
- Education and Training
- Starting Work
- Live Well/Work Well
- Child Care Providers
- Workforce Development