Starting Work at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene
Congratulations on joining the Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene team! We look forward to working with you.
Employees are our most valuable resource. Because we want to ensure that you have the tools that you need to be successful, staff begin employment by attending orientation. "Live" orientation is provided on the first Monday of each month and consists of presentation and computer-based learning. Employees starting on subsequent Mondays will complete a computer-based orientation and attend the "live" orientation the first Monday of the next month.
Your Human Resource professional will send additional information in the mail about the specifics of your hire, our orientation, what time to arrive, and your benefits at the time of your job offer.
Dress: Please wear uniform appropriate for worksite or business casual. You may want to bring a sweater, or dress in layers, as the temperature in the conference rooms may vary.
On your first day of employment, lunch will be provided.
Employee health screening
Before you begin work at Cheshire Medical Center (CMC) Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene, you must be cleared by Occupational Health. It is important to call (603) 354-6585 to schedule a pre-employment physical as soon as you receive your verbal offer.
In some cases, getting cleared to begin work may take several days, so be sure to allow plenty of time before your start date for your employee health screening. You will be unable to start work until you have completed this process.
What to bring to your employee health screening
- A copy of your immunization record. If you do not bring proof of immunization to the screening, we will order lab tests to certify your status.
- The results from any previous tuberculosis skin tests. If you tested positive for tuberculosis prior to being hired by CMC/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene, you must bring documents that show mm of induration, date of your last chest X-ray, and whether treatment was offered and accepted.
Why do all new employees need a health screening?
- To evaluate the applicant's ability to perform job duties without jeopardizing the safety of themselves, patients, or coworkers.
- To provide baseline information on current illnesses or injuries, which may require worksite modification.
- To give you information on physical safety and health promotion at CMC/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene, along with any health-related information specific to your new duties.
The screening includes:
- A review of your occupational and general health history
- An update of any needed immunizations and titers, and tuberculosis skin testing (not performed if you had a previous position reaction)
- A discussion of the services provided by Occupational Health
- Please contact your Keene Human Resource representative at (603) 354-5454 x 6520.