Dedicated to the care of complex spine conditions, patient education, and research, the Spine Center at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) averages about 1,000 patient visits per month.
Spine Center services
- Comprehensive assessment for new patients
- Treatment planning for new and established patients that includes shared decision-making between providers and patients
- Physical therapy, including pool therapy
- Massage therapy
- Second opinion consultations
- Functional assessments
- Patient education and care management
- Behavioral medicine intervention
- Anesthesia interventions such as injections, radiofrequency, and spinal blocks
- A two-week multidisciplinary Functional Rehabilitation Program
We use a cooperative multidisciplinary approach to diagnose and treat patients with spine-related health problems.
The Spine Center team includes:
- McKenzie trained therapists
- Physical therapists specializing in functional restoration
- Clinical care manager
- Registered nurses
- Nurse practitioners
- Physical therapy assistants
- Behavioral psychologists specializing in the treatment and management of pain
Medical staff specialties
- General Internal Medicine
- Occupational Medicine
- Family Medicine
Since our beginning in 1998, we have developed excellent working relationships and a deep respect for each other. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life and functionality for our patients. Quality patient-centered care and a commitment to continuous improvement remain at the core of our mission.
We strive to keep our mission in focus through:
- An annual retreat at which we concentrate on issues and solutions
- Improvement work groups that ensure that solutions are carried through into practice
- Weekly operations meetings
- Monthly teaching opportunities including, case conference, grand rounds and journal review
Our large, growing team is diverse and includes staff of all experience levels and academic backgrounds, from new graduates to senior members. We offer our team members the opportunity to learn about and care for a variety of spinal problems.
Each team member has a strong voice within the department and the opportunity to make a difference through involvement with department and hospital-wide committees and councils. Leadership supports and honors research, in fact, there are numerous opportunities for staff to become involved in research projects. Currently we have numerous research projects in progress.
Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Team members appreciate our weekday, no-holiday, no on-call schedule.
A fast-paced, challenging environment, the Spine Center is a perfect place to begin or advance your career.
- Allied Health Careers
- Nursing Careers
- Associate Provider Careers
- Physician Careers