Starting Work at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord, Manchester, and Nashua
Because we want to ensure that you have the tools that you need to be successful in your new job, all physicians and staff begin employment by attending our Regional Orientation program held primarily at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Regional Office in Bedford.
Before you can start work at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, you must complete your new hire paperwork online.
Your Human Resource representative will send additional information in the mail about the specifics of your hire, our orientation and your benefits at the time of your job offer.
Employee Health Screening
Before you begin work at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, you will need to set up an appointment with Employee Health to review your immunization status and have a TB skin test.
All employees are required to provide proof of immunization or immunity to the following:
- Measles (Rubeola)
- German Measles (Rubeola)
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)
All clinical staff are required to provide Hepatitis B immunization status to include either the dates of your Hepatitis B series (completed 3 shot series) or a Hepatitis B surface antibody test results.
Your Human Resource representative will provide more details to you about this process.
Your First Day
- Breakfast Snack: If you would like to start the day with coffee or juice and a muffin or bagel, plan to arrive before 8:15 a.m.
- Dress: Wear comfortable clothes appropriate for the work site. You may want to bring a sweater, or dress in layers, as the temperature in the conference rooms may vary.
- Lunch: A complimentary lunch will be provided by our Café on your first day.
- Travel Expense Reimbursement: You will be reimbursed the cost of tolls and mileage as outlined in our Travel Reimbursement Policy.
- Inclement Weather or Unexpected Schedule Changes: If we need to cancel a class due to weather conditions, the trainer will attempt to contact you at home the night before or between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. the day of the class. If you have not heard from the instructor, but elect to stay home because of concerns about road conditions, illness or a personal emergency please contact the Human Resource Department in your home division to let them know your decision.
- Concord Human Resources: (603) 229-5202
- Manchester Talent Acquisition: (603) 653-0400
- Nashua Human Resources: (603) 577-4022
- Diverse Workforce Statement
- Education and Training
- Starting Work
- Live Well/Work Well
- Child Care Providers
- Workforce Development