There are so many reasons to join Dartmouth-Hitchcock
If you choose to join Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H), you will find like-minded individuals who have a strong sense of purpose that the work they do makes an important contribution to our community and society.
Our spirit is woven deeply into each of us and we are uncompromising in the excellence of our work. We have passion and purpose and live each day believing in the power of teamwork, and commitment to helping each other be successful.
We truly are an organization that tirelessly cares not only for our patients, but for one another. Because of the incredible commitment of our colleagues, Dartmouth-Hitchcock has much to be proud of, and our list of accomplishments and recognitions continues to grow. We stand on a rich history of caring for the communities we serve, and our commitment to advancing research, education and excellence in clinical care are deeply embedded in our mission.
Set your career—and life—on the right path. Welcome to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock community.
D-HH by the numbers
- Beds: 650
- DHMC: 396
- Alice Peck Day: 25
- Cheshire Medical Center: 169
- New London: 25
- Mt. Ascutney: 35
- Outpatient visits: 2,712,468
- Home Visits: 141,259
- Births: 3,190
- Employees: 18,122
- Employed providers: 2,523
- Community benefit contributions:* $303,307,079
- Charity care: $26,330,912
* as of 2019
Facts and figures
Dartmouth-Hitchcock, a member of the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health (D-HH) system, is New Hampshire's only academic health system and the state's largest private employer. D-HH serves a population of 1.9 million patients across New England and provides access to more than 2,400 providers in almost every area of medicine.
The D-HH system includes:
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC): The academic medical center in Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Norris Cotton Cancer Center (NCCC): One of the only 51 NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation
- Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (CHaD): New Hampshire’s only children’s hospital
- Community hospitals: Patient care in Lebanon, Keene, and New London, New Hampshire, and in Windsor, Vermont
- Visiting Nurse and Hospice: Care for stay-at-home and hospice patients in Vermont and New Hampshire
- 24 Dartmouth-Hitchcock clinics: Providing ambulatory services across New Hampshire and Vermont with comprehensive primary and specialty care clinics in Keene, Concord, Manchester, and Nashua, New Hampshire
The D-HH system trains nearly 400 residents and fellows annually, and performs world-class research in partnership with Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and the White River Junction VA Medical Center in White River Junction, Vermont. Our partnerships with local colleges such as Colby-Sawyer College offer advanced education and development opportunities for employees.
Our vision and values
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health is more than a hospital system. You're joining a community.
We advance health through research, education, clinical practice and community partnerships, providing each person the best care, in the right place, at the right time, every time.
Achieve the healthiest population possible, leading the transformation of health care in our region and setting the standard for our nation.
Learn more about working at Dartmouth-Hitchcock
- About Dartmouth-Hitchcock: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health's flagship hospital, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, was named the top hospital in New Hampshire by U.S. News & World Report in 2020, continuing a long tradition of bringing world-class medical care to patients in northern New England.
- Our locations: New England is a very special place to live, work, and become part of a community. Dartmouth-Hitchcock has career opportunities throughout New Hampshire and Vermont, including Concord, Hanover, Keene, Lebanon, and Manchester, New Hampshire; and Windsor, Vermont.
- Career development opportunities: With development programs for every stage of your career, we offer the opportunities you need to grow your career.
- Benefits and wellness programs: Our goal is to provide care for the people of New England. That begins by taking care of you. We offer a total compensation package that includes competitive health and wellness benefits.
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: We are committed to building a patient care community that explicitly recognizes the value of human diversity.