There are so many reasons to join Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics
If you choose to join Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics, you will find like-minded individuals who have a strong sense of purpose that the work they do makes an important contribution to our community and society.
Our spirit is woven deeply into each of us and we are uncompromising in the excellence of our work. We have passion and purpose and live each day believing in the power of teamwork, and commitment to helping each other be successful.
We truly are an organization that tirelessly cares not only for our patients, but for one another. Because of the incredible commitment of our colleagues, we have much to be proud of, and our list of accomplishments and recognitions continues to grow. We stand on a rich history of caring for the communities we serve, and our commitment to advancing research, education and excellence in clinical care are deeply embedded in our mission.
Set your career—and life—on the right path. Welcome to the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics community.
By the numbers
- Beds: 396
- Outpatient visits: 1,542,766
- Home visits: 141,259
- Births: 1,374
- Employees: 10,839
- Employed providers: 2,331
- Community benefit contributions:* $194,476,971
- Charity care: $11,164,505
* as of 2019
Facts and figures
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics are members of Dartmouth Health, the state's largest private employer. Dartmouth Health serves a population of 1.9 million patients across New England and provides access to more than 2,400 providers in almost every area of medicine.
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics include:
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics, which provide ambulatory services across New Hampshire and Vermont, with comprehensive primary and specialty care clinics in Keene, Concord, Manchester, and Nashua, New Hampshire.
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, the state's only academic medical center, and the only Level I Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center in New Hampshire.
- Norris Cotton Cancer Care Pavilion Lebanon, one of only 53 NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation
- Children's Hospital at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, the state’s only children’s hospital.
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center trains nearly 400 residents and fellows annually, and performs world-class research in partnership with Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and the White River Junction VA Medical Center in White River Junction, Vermont. Our partnerships with local colleges such as Colby-Sawyer College offer advanced education and development opportunities for employees.
Our vision and values
When you join Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics, you're joining a community.
Our mission: We advance health through research, education, clinical practice and community partnerships, providing each person the best care, in the right place, at the right time, every time.
Our vision: Achieve the healthiest population possible, leading the transformation of health care in our region and setting the standard for our nation.
Learn more about working here
- About Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics: New Hampshire's only academic medical center and more than 24 primary and specialty clinics throughout central New Hampshire and Vermont continue a long tradition of bringing world-class medical care to patients in northern New England.
- Our locations: New England is a very special place to live, work, and become part of a community. We have career opportunities throughout New Hampshire and Vermont.
- Career development opportunities: With development programs for every stage of your career, we offer the opportunities you need to grow your career.
- Benefits and wellness programs: Our goal is to provide care for the people of New England. That begins by taking care of you. We offer a total compensation package that includes competitive health and wellness benefits.
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: We are committed to building a patient care community that explicitly recognizes the value of human diversity.