Financial benefits available at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) include retirement accounts, insurance options, student loan counseling, loan assistance for CRNAs, our employee discount program, and identify theft protection.
- Retirement accounts
- Life, disability, and malpractice insurance
- Education loans
- Employee discount program
- Identity theft protection
- Pet insurance
Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers employees the opportunity to contribute to a 403(b) plan and offer a 401(a) to which Dartmouth-Hitchcock may contribute.
Your contributions—and any associated investment earnings—are vested immediately. That means they’re yours to keep, even if you should leave D-H.
Eligible employees may save for retirement by making voluntary contributions to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Employee Investment 403(b) Plan.
You may save up to 100% of your income, subject to IRS annual maximums. If you are age 50 or older in 2020, you may also make "catch-up” contributions, subject to IRS annual maximums. The 2020 IRS contribution limit is $19,500 for employees under age 50. Employees age 50 or older during the year are able to save up to an additional $6,500 in "catch-up" contributions.
You can make contributions through:
- 403(b) pre-tax contributions
- 403(b) Roth after-tax contributions
- Or a combination of both types of savings
You may make changes to your contributions at any time throughout the year through T.Rowe Price.
403(b) Roth after tax plan
403(b) Roth contributions are taxed in the year they are saved. The investment income on 403(b) contributions remains tax-free if you leave your money in your 403(b) account for at least five years from the first year of contribution.
Effective January 1, 2020, employees will receive a flat base contribution of 4 percent of pay (up to the IRS annual compensation limit) regardless of your age, or vesting service, plus a per pay period match of 50 percent on up to 4 percent of pay saved for a maximum matching contribution of 2 percent of pay.
In addition to the contributions that Dartmouth-Hitchcock makes in your retirement program account, you may save up to 100% of your pay, subject to IRS maximums through pre-tax savings, Roth after-tax savings, or a combination of both in the 403(b) plan. Your savings and any associated investments earning are vested immediately.
Life, disability, and malpractice insurance
- Basic life and AD&D insurance: Dartmouth-Hitchcock provides a basic life insurance policy that is equal to one time your annual base pay, up to $200,000. This policy is provided at no charge.
- Supplemental life and AD&D insurance: Employees have the opportunity to purchase additional supplemental life and AD&D insurance for yourself and your eligible dependents. Some levels of coverage will require you to provide evidence of your good health or Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
- Short-term disability insurance: Staff are paid at 70% of annual base salary, after a 14 day elimination period, for up to 24 weeks. The 2021 benefits program provides physicians and advanced practice providers with short-term disability (STD) coverage equal to 100% of base salary for up to 26 weeks. Sun Life Financial determines eligibility and medical necessity for STD. This benefit begins immediately following determination of disability. Please contact the Benefits Office to initiate this benefit at 603-653-1400.
- Long-term disability insurance: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health offers long-term disability (LTD) insurance at 50% of base salary, to a maximum of $15,000 per month (provided at no charge). You may elect to increase ("buy-up") your LTD coverage to either 60% or 66 2/3% of base salary, to a maximum of $15,000 per month.
- Malpractice insurance: Dartmouth-Hitchcock employees are part of a self-insured risk retention group with coverage in excess of $1 million per claim and $3 million in the aggregate, exceeding limits required by Trustees of New Hampshire Hospitals. Our policy is written on a modified “claims made” basis. As such, physicians who retire, resign, or otherwise leave Dartmouth-Hitchcock will continue to be covered for claims arising out of treatment they provided within the scope of their duties, even if the claims are asserted after their departure, so long as the program is in effect.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers student loan counseling to employees who request it. Some employees are eligible for financial assistance with paying off their student loans.
- Student loan counseling: Establishing retirement income goals and periodically reviewing and adjusting those goals can help ensure you will be financially fit throughout your retirement years. D-H provides one-on-one counseling at no cost to you through the services of FFA, a team of independent (noncommissioned) retirement advisors who will meet with you to explore your retirement goals. You may call FFA at 877-846-8792 or email info@FFAdvisors.org to make an appointment. You are encouraged to bring your spouse or partner to these sessions.
- CRNA loan assistance: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health offers CRNAs assistance with paying off their outstanding education loans for degrees required for their position. Full-time and half-time staff are eligible. New staff will have 30 days from their start date to submit an application form.
Employee discount program
The D’Perks (D-H Discounts) program provides an extensive variety of discounts and offers, by local and regional businesses, as well as national corporations. All D-H employees, regardless of location, are eligible for these discounts and offers. We offer this program in conjunction with the Chamber of Commerce in Hanover, New Hampshire.
Identity theft protection
D-H offers Identity Theft Protection through Allstate Identity Protection Pro Plus. The plan helps protect your identity, online reputation, and credit. You can enroll or cancel at any point in the year.
Allstate Identity Protection Pro Plus offers industry leading identity and credit monitoring solutions to alert you of concerns and assist in taking action. The protection includes fraud prevention, proactive monitoring, and real-time alerts via email, text, or phone.
In addition, Allstate Identity Protection Pro Plus will provide services to restore your identity.
|Employee bi-weekly contributions|
We offer discounts on pet insurance for unexpected medical costs through Figo.