To build rewarding careers, we offer opportunities for continued growth
At Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics, education is embedded in our mission. With the resources of Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center—the state’s only academic medical center—and world-class research and innovation at Norris Cotton Cancer Care Pavilion Lebanon and Children's Hospital at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, we are committed to offering all employees a broad range of learning opportunities to achieve their career goals.
Career development opportunities
We ensure there are opportunities for every employee to continue their education in the workplace, whether it's online, in print, or in a classroom or lab.
For physicians, advanced practice providers, and nurses
We vigorously promote the education of tomorrow's health care leaders through a wide variety of educational opportunities, including:
- Continuing medical education (CME): Our CME program assists physicians, advanced practice providers, other health care professionals, and health care teams in meeting their commitments to lifelong learning. We provide time and financial support for professional enrichments such as meetings and conferences.
- Continuing nursing education (CNE): Our Nursing Continuing Education Council (NCEC) provides Live and Enduring Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) activities toward accreditation. We provide time and financial support for professional enrichments such as meetings and conferences.
- Online Grand Rounds: Grand Rounds lectures are held at various times and locations. Most lectures can be viewed live online for CME credit. In addition, you can view recorded webcasts.
- Nursing education: The Center for Nursing Excellence supports a wide range of educational opportunities for nurses.
- Postgraduate advanced practice provider residencies: Our Postgraduate Residency Programs offer advanced practice providers an intensive 12-month experience of advanced training.
For all employees
We offer learning opportunities and development programs for every stage of your career, including:
- Colby-Sawyer Partnership: Our partnership with Colby-Sawyer College provides classes and degree programs for students who want to gain experience in the health care field and for working professionals who want to further their education.
- Health Education Center (HEC): The HEC provides reliable health information and resources for our staff, patients, patient family members, and the general public. It maintains a lending library of books and DVDs on a wide variety of health-related topics.
- Greenbelt and Yellowbelt Lean Six Sigma Training: Our Lean Six Sigma training model was designed to teach the skills necessary to participate in—and ultimately design and lead—quality improvement and value creation initiatives within the health care sector.
- LinkedIn Learning: This award-winning online training program gives our employees the opportunity to refine their existing skills and develop new ones. Employees can select from LinkedIn Learning's library of over 15,000 digital courses that cover a wide range of technical, business, software, and creative topics, all taught by experiences, industry-leading experts.
- Organizational and Employee Development (OED): OED promotes and supports the development of leaders and employees by providing professional, leadership, and team development opportunities. OED's professional skills courses, eLearning opportunities and other courses help employees advance their knowledge and skills necessary to excel and expand career possibilities.
- Professional development funding: To support the professional development of health professionals, we offer funding for job-related certification exams, continuing education programs, conferences, memberships, and books. For more information, see Benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement: Employees can take advantage of our tuition reimbursement benefit, which is available for job-related degree courses. For more information, see Benefits.
- Graduate Medical Education at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center: Our residency and fellowship programs offer physicians in training outstanding opportunities to learn from clinicians who are among the best in their fields. Learn more about Graduate Medical Education at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.
- Nurse Residency Program: Our Nurse Residency Program offers newly licensed registered nurses and nurses with less than one year of experience the best possible start for their nursing career. Learn more about the Nurse Residency Program.