To build rewarding careers, Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers opportunities for continued growth
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is New Hampshire's only academic health system and is committed to providing the support you need for continued growth in your career.
With education embedded in the mission of Dartmouth-Hitchcock, we are proud to offer all employees a broad range of learning opportunities to achieve their career goals.
Career development opportunities
Dartmouth-Hitchcock ensures there are opportunities for every employee to continue their education in the workplace, whether it's online, in print, or in a classroom or lab.
For physicians, advanced practice providers, and nurses
Dartmouth-Hitchcock vigorously promotes the education of tomorrow's health care leaders through a wide variety of educational opportunities, including:
- Continuing medical education (CME): Our CME program assists physicians, advanced practice providers, other health care professionals, and health care teams in meeting their commitments to lifelong learning. We provide time and financial support for professional enrichments such as meetings and conferences.
- Continuing nursing education (CNE): The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Nursing Continuing Education Council (NCEC) provides Live and Enduring Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) activities toward accreditation. We provide time and financial support for professional enrichments such as meetings and conferences.
- Online Grand Rounds: Grand Rounds lectures are held at various times and locations. Most lectures can be viewed live online for CME credit. In addition, you can view recorded webcasts.
- Nursing education: The Center for Nursing Excellence supports a wide range of educational opportunities for nurses.
- Postgraduate advanced practice provider residencies: The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Postgraduate Residency Programs offer advanced practice providers an intensive 12-month experience of advanced training.
For all employees
We offer learning opportunities and development programs for every stage of your career, including:
- Colby-Sawyer Partnership: Dartmouth-Hitchcock's partnership with Colby-Sawyer College provides classes and degree programs for students who want to gain experience in the health care field and for working professionals who want to further their education.
- Health Education Center (HEC): The HEC provides reliable health information and resources for D-H staff, patients, patient family members, and the general public. It maintains a lending library of books and DVDs on a wide variety of health-related topics.
- Greenbelt and Yellowbelt Lean Six Sigma Training: Our Lean Six Sigma training model was designed to teach the skills necessary to participate in—and ultimately design and lead—quality improvement and value creation initiatives within the health care sector.
- LinkedIn Learning: This award-winning online training program gives D-HH employees the opportunity to refine their existing skills and develop new ones. Employees can select from LinkedIn Learning's library of over 15,000 digital courses that cover a wide range of technical, business, software, and creative topics, all taught by experiences, industry-leading experts.
- Organizational and Employee Development (OED): OED promotes and supports the development of leaders and employees throughout D-HH by providing professional, leadership, and team development opportunities. OED's professional skills courses, eLearning opportunities and other courses help employees advance their knowledge and skills necessary to excel and expand career possibilities at D-HH.
- Professional development funding: To support the professional development of health professionals, Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers funding for job-related certification exams, continuing education programs, conferences, memberships, and books. For more information, see Benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement: Employees can take advantage of our tuition reimbursement benefit, which is available for job-related degree courses. For more information, see Benefits.
- Graduate Medical Education at Dartmouth-Hitchcock: Our residency and fellowship programs offer physicians in training outstanding opportunities to learn from clinicians who are among the best in their fields. Learn more about Graduate Medical Education at Dartmouth-Hitchcock.
- Nurse Residency Program: Dartmouth-Hitchcock’s Nurse Residency Program offers newly licensed registered nurses and nurses with less than one year of experience the best possible start for their nursing career. Learn more about the Nurse Residency Program.