The Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) Workforce Development program is responsible for creating and maintaining employment initiatives in each of the following areas:
- Development of training and registered apprenticeship programs through the D-H Workforce Readiness Institute.
- Partnerships with local high schools, vocational centers, community colleges and universities to engage young people who are just entering the workforce.
- Creation of scholarships/partnerships with nursing and medical school programs to increase visibility, interest and retention.
- Outreach to veterans and diverse populations to build relationships.
- Knowledge sharing with D-H's affiliates, the New England Alliance for Health (NEAH) Hospitals and the High Value Health Collaborative (HVHC) to build best practices around workforce development.