Nurses at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) advance the art and science of caring. Nurses thrive in our team environment, where patients and colleagues partner together to achieve the best possible outcomes. You’ll find yourself surrounded by hardworking world-class professionals who inspire you to grow and mentor you to succeed. Make a difference and find meaning in your career. Connect with your passion for caring at Dartmouth-Hitchcock.
I wanted to work for an organization that supported learning opportunities, so I chose Dartmouth-Hitchcock.Julie Spooner, RN
Current nursing opportunities
Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers many different nursing career opportunities to meet the needs of nursing professionals with a variety of educational backgrounds and work experiences.
Nursing career opportunities are available for registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), medical assistants (MAs), and licensed nursing assistants (LNAs).
For a complete listing of opportunities and qualifications—and to complete an application—please visit our job listings.
Nurse Residency Program
Dartmouth-Hitchcock’s Nurse Residency Program offers newly licensed Registered Nurses and nurses with less than one year of experience the best possible start for their nursing career. Upon successful completion of the NCLEX, nurses may begin their career at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, an academic medical center and Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center located in Lebanon, New Hampshire.
Whether you are a new graduate or an experienced nurse, D-H offers the resources, benefits, and opportunities for you to enjoy your career and take it to the next level. Educational and professional development opportunities at Dartmouth-Hitchcock include:
- Tuition reimbursement and scholarships: Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers generous tuition reimbursement and the Center for Nursing Excellence offers several annual scholarships for employees enrolled in accredited nursing degree programs.
- Academic partnerships and discounted tuition rates: Dartmouth-Hitchcock partners with top nursing schools to provide tuition discounts and support for clinical requirements and projects.
- Academic and career development counseling: The Center for Nursing Excellence offers academic and career development coaching for nurses and employees considering, or working toward, a nursing career. We offer flexible scheduling, customized and individualized support to meet the needs of our employees.
- Specialty certification support: Dartmouth-Hitchcock encourages its nurses to become certified in their specialty by offering certification reimbursement, certification test preparation courses, an annual stipend and programs like Success Pays from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) programs, including Nursing Grand Rounds: Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Nursing Continuing Education Council is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Shared governance: Shared governance provides Dartmouth-Hitchcock nurses with a platform to advocate, explore, question and drive change in matters related to their clinical and professional practice.
- Preceptor Excellence Program: Our Preceptor Excellence Program prepares preceptors to assess individual learning needs, set goals and develop, implement and evaluate individualized coaching plans for new hires and transferring clinical employees. Our program offers ongoing education, tools and support to develop the preceptor’s ability to create learning environments that fosters successful outcomes for their preceptee’s orientation experience
- Onboarding and orientation programs: Our comprehensive onboarding and orientation programs support new and transferring clinical employees. Programs are managed by professional nurse educators and supported by trained preceptors.
- Opportunities for student nurses: Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers several programs for students enrolled in accredited nursing degree programs
- Opportunities to start your nursing career: Visit our Workforce Readiness Institute to learn about training programs that offer full-time employment with benefits.
Contact a nurse recruiter
Learn more about nursing opportunities at Dartmouth-Hitchcock by contacting a D-H nurse recruiter today!
Cheshire Medical Center
- Call Lisa Sandstrum at 603-354-5454 x 2477
- Call Bill Vanca at 603-229-5490
- Call 603-695-2500
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC)
- Call 603-653-0477 or email email@example.com.
- Call Lynn Ehler at 603-577-4022