The resources on this page will help you find regional transportation as well as information about the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) shuttle service.
Regional transportation services
The following services are available in areas where DHMC and Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics are located.
- The City Express, Keene’s Bus for Everyone, provides public transportation in the City of Keene. The service operates Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Manchester Transit Authority provides mass transit service for the Manchester community, including Route 1, with service to the Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinic and VA hospital.
Upper Valley area
- Advance Transit: A free bus service for commuters in the Upper Valley region of Vermont and New Hampshire
- MOOver!: Provides two DHMC Express routes that travel between the Exit 6 Park & Ride and Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Dartmouth Coach: Operates daily service between Hanover, Lebanon, and New London, New Hampshire, and Boston South Station and Logan Airport
- Tri-Valley Transit: Provides transportation services for the public to the northern and central regions of Vermont
DHMC on-demand shuttle service
DHMC and Clinics Security provides on-demand shuttle service to and from buildings in Lebanon, such as Heater Road, Colburn Hill, Novell, Evergreen, Jack Byrne Center, and Centerra. This service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You may expect a ride within 15 minutes of notifying Security. Service may be delayed by traffic, volume and/or inclement weather. Transport will be either by small shuttle bus or a security vehicle.
During a security emergency or emergency management issue, shuttle schedules may be significantly delayed.
Shuttle service schedules
Pharmacy at Centerra
Service to and from the Pharmacy at Centerra is scheduled at the following times:
- To the Pharmacy from the Dartmouth Cancer Center entrance at DHMC: 10:30 am and 1:30 pm
- From the Pharmacy to the main hospital: 11:00 am and 2:00 pm
DHMC Lot 20
- Service between Lot 20 and DHMC is available from 6:00 am to 10:25 pm
- After 10:25 pm, call Security dispatch to request a ride.
Beginning August 22, 2022, a DHMC shuttle will stop at the “E” door of the Colburn Hill building at 444 Mount Support Road.
- Service between Colburn Hill and the Cancer Center entrance is available from 7:00 am to 10:25 pm.
Employees may park at any Colburn Hill parking lot.
How to request a ride
To a request a ride to a DHMC entrance:
- Call DHMC Security dispatch at 603-650-4370.
- Tell the dispatcher to which entrance you’d like a ride.
To request a ride from the DHMC main entrance to another building, use one of the following options:
- Go to the parking officer stand/podium at DHMC and tell the parking officer you need a ride to another building.
- Call Security at 603-650-4370.
- Page Security at 9381.