Wellness at Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Dartmouth-Hitchcock's wellness programs support healthy lifestyle choices that improve personal well-being. In addition to programs that offer wellness assistance in many forms, we have resources for parents, as well as opportunities for enjoying exercise, art, and music.
Live Well/Work Well
Live Well/Work Well offers a variety of programs to improve and maintain your health, including health and wellness coaching options, fitness programs, life/stress management, and other educational resources. These programs are available to all employees and immediate family members, regardless of enrollment in a Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) health care plan.
Employee Assistance Program
Dartmouth-Hitchcock’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers free, confidential, short-term counseling and consultation services for a full range of mental health needs to Dartmouth-Hitchcock employees and their immediate family members. Our staff includes licensed clinical psychologists and clinical mental health counselors. Virtual and after-hour appointments are available.
Opportunities are available for you and your family to make improvements in overall health. Our programs and services support healthy lifestyle choices that improve personal well-being. These include health coaching, lessons on healthy eating, movement and fitness activities, stress first aid, tobacco cessation, and more.
Employee Express Care
Dartmouth-Hitchcock’s Employee Care Express care services are available to any D-H employee who has established primary care at D-H, regardless of which health plan you have. When you have a sudden illness, such as cough or cold symptoms or sinus infection, you can be seen in a number of clinic areas with quicker access to providers.
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Department of Occupational Medicine offers a wide range of services, including immunization management, medical screenings, and workability programs. We also offer physicals and drug screens to external clients.
Resources for parents
Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) offers resources, support and flexibility to its employees who are also nursing mothers so they can express breast milk during the workday when separated from their newborn child. For questions about using break time or finding a suitable lactation room, call Employee Relations at 603-653-1570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child care resources
Child care services are available at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire, and Cheshire Medical Center in Keene, New Hampshire.
- Lebanon: Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Child Care Center is open for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years of age. Our services are available to employees of Dartmouth-Hitchcock and Dartmouth College. Read more about the DHMC Child Care Center.
- Keene: The Children's Learning Center in Keene is open for children between the ages of 6 weeks to 12 years. For more information, contact the director at 603-354-5434.
Additional child care resources in the region are available on the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock website.
Exercise, art, and music
- Health club discounts: If you are enrolled in a Dartmouth-Hitchcock medical plan, each enrolled member of your family (aged 14 and over) is eligible to receive up to $200 per calendar year toward health club membership fees when you join a qualified health club and attend at least 2 sessions a week for 11 out of 13 consecutive weeks during the calendar year.
- Walking paths: The beautiful grounds of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) include two outdoor walking paths, including one around the DHMC buildings and another that takes you through the woods on the DHMC campus. You can also walk several routes inside DHMC for exercise during bad weather.
- Other recreation options: In addition, the Upper Valley area around DHMC provides many opportunities to be active outside. Situated near the Appalachian Trail, the Connecticut River, and many other rivers and lakes, the area is renowned for its skiing, hiking, canoeing, and kayaking.
- Art and music: The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Arts and Humanities Program offers permanent art collections, rotating seasonal exhibitions, public arts projects, arts performances, and live music.