The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers free, confidential, short-term counseling and consultation services for staff members, and their immediate family members, at the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and the Dartmouth Health Clinics at Bedford, Concord, Manchester and Nashua.
Our compassionate, experienced staff includes licensed clinical psychologists and clinical mental health counselors. We can assist with a variety of difficulties, such as emotional well-being, relationships, and work-related issues.
Make an appointment
Counseling and resources are available for a full range of mental health needs, including:
- Burn-out and resiliency
- Grief and life transitions
- Managing work stress
- Stress and anxiety
- Substance use and addiction
Assistance with referrals is also provided when additional services are needed or requested, such as legal, financial, medical, elder care, and child care resources. We can also arrange for a consultation with a psychiatrist when medication may be helpful.
Our services are available to physicians, staff, volunteers, retirees, and immediate family members.
We are available for consultations with administrators, supervisors, and coworkers who are concerned about an employee or colleague.
Telephone or virtual appointments using a secure Vidyo app can be scheduled when it is not possible or practical to meet in person during our office hours. We encourage your first appointment to be in-person. In-person appointments are available in Lebanon, Bedford, Concord, Manchester, and Nashua, New Hampshire.
KGA Employee Assistance Program
If you would like to speak with someone after-hours, the KGA Employee Assistance Program (KGA EAP) provides after-hours telephonic backup for the DHMC and Clinics Employee Assistance Program on nights, weekends, and holidays. Call 800-648-9557 or go to the KGA website. Learn more about KGA services and resources.
- Your records will not be shared, nor in any way incorporated into your personnel file or medical record, without your written consent.
- A signed release of information authorization is required for release of any information to a third party unless there is genuine reason to be concerned about the safety of the staff/physician/family member, or another person.
- Email communication with EAP is possible; however, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of such communications. Therefore, face-to-face, telephone, or Vidyo tele-consult interaction is recommended.